Assessing written language poses special challenges for raters: don’t expect too much, but don’t expect too little either. It is important to find the right balance to correctly assess the test takers’ skills.
As a licenced telc rater, you assess the written performance of the test takers, reliably, objectively and at the appropriate level.
With this licence, you can rate the following telc exams:
- telc Italiano A1
- telc Italiano A2
- telc Italiano B1
- telc Italiano B2
- Teaching experience: a total of at least 450 teaching hours in the target language at the CEFR levels of the desired license
- Language competence appropriate to the role, near native speaker ability
Subject knowledge in accordance with the preparation module
- Relevant CEFR competence levels and task-based language learning
- Formats of the telc exams included in the license
- telc assessment criteria
- Procedure of telc examinations
- telc examination regulations
LIVE online qualification: technical requirements
- PC or laptop with camera
- Headset (recommended)
- Secure internet connection
- Completion of all participation requirements
- Presentation of a valid government-issued photo
- Active and appropriate participation in the qualification
- Appropriate assessment based on the criteria
- Demonstration of role competence as telc examiner/assessor
- Activation of microphone and camera (in the case of a LIVE online qualification)
Rater Licence Italian A1-B2:
|FACE TO FACE QUALIFICATION
In the training portal you will find our current training programme. Use the search field to find your chosen qualification. Enter a keyword from the qualification title. There is also a filter function if you want to narrow down the search further.
Qualification seminars can also be organised as in-house events.
In the qualification seminar you will assess samples of written work and discuss these with other raters. You will learn to apply the marking criteria consistently and reflect on your role as a rater.
You then complete a licencing task. If you successfully complete this and fulfil all participation requirements, you will receive a Italian A1−B2 licence.
More details about online qualifications can be found here.
You can only rate telc examinations with a valid telc licence. To ensure quality consistency of examination assessment, regular training of raters is essential.
Licences are valid for three years. With every successful qualification, you receive confirmation from telc that you are competent in your rater role and are a valuable member of our community.