The advanced use of language presents examiners with special challenges: differentiating between levels C1 and C2, considering language repertoire within complex topics and accurately assessing competence.
As a licensed telc examiner, you will assess the test takers’ oral performances confidently, objectively and at the appropriate level.
With this examiner licence, you are authorised to administer the following telc examinations:
- telc Deutsch B2·C1 Beruf
- telc Deutsch C1
- telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
- telc Deutsch C1 Beruf
- telc Deutsch C2
* Examining doctors require a separate licence to take the telc Deutsch B2-C1 Medizin specialised language test, which they take together with a licensed telc examiner.
- Teaching experience: a total of at least 450 teaching hours in the target language at the CEFR levels of the desired license
- Language competence appropriate to the role, near native speaker ability
Subject knowledge in accordance with the preparation module
- Relevant CEFR competence levels and task-based language learning
- Formats of the telc exams included in the license
- telc assessment criteria
- Procedure of telc examinations
- telc examination regulations
LIVE online qualification: technical requirements
- PC or laptop with camera
- Headset (recommended)
- Secure internet connection
- Completion of all participation requirements
- Presentation of a valid government-issued photo
- Active and appropriate participation in the qualification
- Appropriate assessment based on the criteria
- Demonstration of role competence as telc examiner/assessor
- Activation of microphone and camera (in the case of a LIVE online qualification)
Examiner qualification telc Deutsch C1−C2:
You will find our current training programme in the Training portal. Enter a keyword from the qualification title into the search field to find your chosen qualification. There is also a filtering function to narrow down your search.
During the qualification seminar, you will assess sample performances and discuss them with other examiners. You will learn to apply the marking criteria consistently and reflect on your role as examiner.
At the end, you will complete a licensing task in which you will evaluate one to two examination situations. If you successfully complete this task and fulfil all participation requirements, you will receive a telc examiner licence Deutsch C1-C2.
For details on online qualification seminars, click here.